Our experts and tutors are always up to date with the latest information on the implementation of new technologies related to Internet resources, including IPv6, cybersecurity, IXP, RPKI, DNSSEC and other topics, and they contribute their knowledge to the courses offered on the Campus.
José Gregorio Cotúa
- From 2004 to 2015, José Gregorio Cotúa taught at the School of Telecommunications Engineering, part of the Networks and Telematics Department of the School of Engineering of UCAB University, where he also conducted research and tutored various undergraduate dissertations.
- Since 2007, he is Huawei Technologies CO LTD instructor for the region of Latin America, Central America and the Caribbean. He has served as specialist instructor on topics in the fields of Transmission (NG DWDM, ASON and NG ASON, SDN, Packets, SDN, and other NGN topics), Access (xDSL, GPON/10GPON/40GPON, HFC DOCSIS and DCCAP), Microwave RTN, PTN, Datacom, Enterprise, IMS, and IPv6. He has also taught courses in countries from Mexico to Argentina, ranging from basic, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th line, planning and advanced.
- From 2007 to 2012, he was CONATEL instructor in Venezuela and taught courses on VoIP and IP Telephony with basic and advanced Asterisk, MPLS, and Transitioning to IPv6. He has also taught courses on IPv6 and the Transition to the IPv6 Protocol at Venezuela's CNTI.
- He is an expert in GNU/Linux networking and has extensive experience in servers and platforms for ISPs, both in IPv4 and IPv6. Extensive experience in VoIP and IP Telephony with Asterisk on GNU/Linux, and customized IVR and Call Center solutions with Asterisk. Main areas of expertise: Datacom Mikrotik and Cisco, IPv4 and IPv6 Internet Routing (BGP4), DNS Servers, Interconnection and VPN, L2/L3 MBGP/MPLS VPN, ISP Platforms, IPTV and OTT Deployment, xGPON Access, NG DWDM and SDN Transmission, among others.
- In 2019 he became SAGE HE.NET IPv6 Certified by he.net. Also in 2019, he won the 6th edition of LACNIC's IPv6 Challenge, in which he participating with SIMEON Chile and a project for deploying IPv6 in NERVICOM, a Venezuelan ISP.
- Since 2019, he works as an external consultant for LACNIC, contributing to the development of courses on IPv6.
- He is currently general director of international consulting firm SIMEON COMPANY CHILE SPA in Chile, and international consultant and advisor to various telcos and ISPs in the region, mainly in Argentina, Peru, the United States and Venezuela.