Introduction to IPv6 (course in english)
This course is an introduction to the IPv6 protocol and has been developed entirely in English. If you'd like to take this course in Spanish, please consider registering for the "IPv6 Básico” course.
Este curso es introductorio al protocolo IPv6 y está desarrollado completamente en inglés. Si usted desea realizar este curso en español, por favor considere registrarse en “IPv6 Básico”.
Duration: 20 hours
Methology: Self-study e-learning
Certification: Approval of the course requires completing a formal evaluation and if the student approves, he will obtain a LACNIC´s formal certificate.
- To provide an overview of the IPv6 protocol and its structure
- To analyze the impact of IPv4 address exhaustion and the mechanisms for transitioning to the new protocol
- To discuss IP address plans and strategies for the deployment of IPv6
- This is a self-study e-learning course that will be offered through the Moodle platform.
- Each lesson includes LOs in the form of videos, along with additional reading material which address the contents that are published on a weekly basis.
- Each lesson also includes self-evaluation activities and a formal evaluation every week at the end of each module.
- Participants also have access to forums where they can interact and share with other course participants.
- The course requires a weekly time commitment of approximately 5 hours.
Content of the course: PDF(52kb)
Please, remember that registration will be closing on the indicated day at 18:00 UTC