Introducción a gestión de redes
Introduction to Network Management
Format: Self-study e-learning
Duration: 65 hours
Certification: LACNIC will issue an official certificate to students who successfully pass the course.
- This course has been designed for people who are just starting out in networking.
- Advanced students of computer science or similar careers, or professionals who are starting their career and wish to have a general overview of network management.
- To strengthen knowledge of the Internet and the basics of IPv4 addressing.
- To understand the basic concepts of hardware and software for network management.
- To understand the main aspects involved in operating a network and learn about the creation and recommended best practices for a network operation center.
- To reinforce the key aspects of domain name resolution and its operation.
- To understand the importance of controlling and monitoring a data network and which open-source tools are available for each type of network analysis.
- To present the basics of Internet routing.
- To learn about IPv4 exhaustion, the need for IPv6, and details of this new version of the IP protocol.
- To recognize and understand the different types of IPv4 to IPv6 transition mechanisms.
- To introduce the key concepts of virtualization, its different types and characteristics.
- To define working in the cloud, categorize the different types of clouds, and learn about some of the security issues involved in these implementations.
- To understand the general concepts involved in the Internet of Things
- Students will autonomously work through various modules in pdf and video
format, including demonstrations of practical applications.
Optional self-evaluation tests are also available for each module to allow
students to check their progress.
- The estimated course workload is approximately 65 hours, distributed as 5 hours a week.
- After completing the course, students must take and pass a mandatory final exam to obtain their certificate.
Program: Download PDF
*This course was developed jointly with the IDRC within the framework of the AYITIC GOES GLOBAL initiative.
Calendar - Introduction to Network Management
|1st||Mar 20||Apr 17||Apr 24||Jul 17|
Registration will open and close on the specified dates at 18:00 UTC.