Introduction to Network Security
Format: Self-study e-learning
Duration: 65 hours
Certification: LACNIC will issue an official certificate to students who successfully pass the course.
Anyone wishing to become familiar with some of the basic concepts of network security.
- To provide an overview of the basic principles, strategies, and mechanisms of network security.
- To present major security threats and different types of attacks.
- To present mechanisms for the secure transmission and storage of information.
- To understand the basic operating principles of a CSIRT and incident handling.
- Students will
autonomously work through various modules in pdf and video format, including
demonstrations of practical applications.
Optional self-evaluation tests are also available for each module to allow
students to check their progress.
- The estimated course workload is approximately 65 hours, distributed as 5 hours a week.
- After completing the course, students must take and pass a mandatory final exam to obtain their certificate.
Program: Download PDF
*This course was developed jointly with the IDRC within the framework of the AYITIC GOES GLOBAL initiative.
Calendar - Introduction to Network Security
|1st||Jun 13||Jul 11||Jul 18||Oct 17|
Registration will open and close on the specified dates at 18:00 UTC.